Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

FCC's Genachowski on the Naughty List

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy this past year. Ate all my veggies. I've also worked hard to advance my boss's vision for all Web traffic to be treated "equally."

Even though I don't really have the authority to do so, I'm planning in December to impose net neutrality regulation on those big bad broadband network providers. I trust you agree that this is a necessary step to stop those corporations from discriminating against the little guy.

So, please, I don't want anything for me under the tree this year. Instead, I only ask that you put lumps of coal in the stockings of those Republican and Democratic members of Congress who oppose what we are trying to accomplish at the FCC. After all, how could these people be against everything being equal on the Internet?

Just let me regulate as I see fit, and all will be well.

Thanks, and send along my best wishes to Mrs. Claus.

Sincerely,

Julius Genachowski

FCC Chairman

Read Santa's reply here.

Raymond J. Keating
Chief Economist
Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council

No comments: